Sunday 28 October 2012

How expensive is gardening?

How much money you spend on gardening? Cost of buying tools, pots, plants from nursery? Does it require a lot of money to get all things done?

Well, it all depends on your choice. Whether you want it to be luxurious garden or budget garden, they all require maintenance to remain fresh and beautiful. Like they say, nothing is free.

To build a garden, you don't need a lot of money to create your dream garden. You don't even have to think how burden it is because the reality is - gardening is healthy and mentally therapeutic. It is also a good form of exercise. It does not make you feel idle because it gives you responsibility. Gardening teaches you to be responsible, patient and nature lover.You fall in love by looking at your plants. You begin to think how wonderful God's creation is.

I've been taking gardening seriously for the past 3 years. I've been observing, learning, asking, watching people how to grow plants. Sometimes I generously offer my help to my senior friends then asked a lot of questions on how to plant this and that.

Before becoming an avid gardener, I used to help my late brother to do some planting. I was his 'kuli kebun' back then. Most of his plants were tropical plants. They were very exotic, wild looking yet beautiful plants. I was not enthusiastic about gardening maybe because I was too young. To me, it was more to older people.

I remember back then he used to show me gardening magazines. On how to decor your plants. He even brought me to meet his gardener friends asking tips etc. It was more than 10 years ago. 

After his departure, sadly, some of his plants have died because no maintenance. It was probably too hard to handle that I didn't have time to learn to maintain. My mum has to take care of everything. I really pity her though.

I don't know how I got so addictive. It's because of the look of tropical plants really excites me. Their beauty, mysteriously wild looking plants are so captivating. Basically, I love decor. I love watching professional designers how to decor houses on tv. But my interest is definitely plant decoration. It has become my passion.

So my point is, it doesn't matter how big your compound is Whether it's big or small. You even can have budget gardening that doesn't even spend money to buy baby plants in nursery.

Choose an empty space around your house and start gardening. Do remember this: big garden requires big maintenance. I suggest you go for low maintenance gardening because that is what we capable of.

Most of us prefer low maintenance gardening because time is very limited. Low maintenance has to be attractive garden instead of producing dull, boring looking plants. We may have beautiful plants and flowers but do we really care for them? I mean do we really 'groom' them to make them neat? 
 
To take care the plants it's not only watering and fertilizing them. The plants have to be fresh, healthy and nicely DECORATED around the house. Turn them into art and make them attractive.You even can use tropical plants, succulent plants for floral arrangement. Believe me, they are beautiful. Below are my favorite pictures I collected from web images:












 See what I mean?

    




No comments:

Post a Comment